GORE-TEX® MembraneKEY STATEMENT
The GORE-TEX® membrane is at the heart of all products engineered with GORE-TEX® fabrics. It contains over 1.4 billion microscopic pores per square cm (9 billion pores per square inch). These pores are 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet, but 700 times larger than a water vapor molecule. Water from the outside will never penetrate. Yet perspiration can escape easily, so that less moisture is trapped in the insulation. The retsult: you stay warmer when it’s cold and drier when you perspire.
Gloves GORE-TEX® + Gore active technology
Gloves engineered with GORE-TEX® inserts + Gore active technology are an ideal solution for active sports in cool and cold conditions.
They are durably waterproof, windproof and highly breathable – guaranteed. They offer enduring weather protection and comfort, balanced heat transfer and optimum moisture management. Your hands stay warmer when it‘s cold, and drier when you perspire.
As a special feature the whole system of inner lining, membrane and outer material is optimized for enhanced breathability. This increases the level of comfort in a wider range of temperatures and activity levels. During heavy exercise less heat accumulates and less moisture is trapped in the insulation so it remains drier.
All GORE-TEX® products carry our GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY™ promise.
Gloves GORE-TEX® + Gore warm technology
GORE-TEX® Gloves + Gore warm technology are the ideal solution for warmth seekers. They are durably waterproof, windproof and breathable – guaranteed. Water stays on the outside while perspiration can easily escape from the inside. As a special feature the whole system of inner lining, membrane and outer material is engineered to enable higher insulation performance. Thus even in harsh conditions your hands stay warmer for longer with the warmest GORE-TEX® gloves available.
All GORE-TEX® products carry our GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY™ promise.
The WINDSTOPPER® membrane is an ultra thin protective layer which is laminated to a lightweight textile layer, making it totally windproof. It is made of the versatile polymer PTFE (polytetrafluorethylene) which is expanded to create a microporous structure. These micropores are 900 times larger than water vapor molecules, allowing perspiration to pass through unhindered. This means that the WINDSTOPPER® membrane adds total windproofness to any textile without perceivably restricting its initial breathability or weight.
Polartec® Power Stretch®
Polartec® Power Stretch® fabrics feature body-hugging 4-way stretch and are very breathable. They keep you dry when you sweat and provide warmth without weight. These are the most versatile outdoor and fitness clothing fabrics available today. Many of the fabrics feature a proprietary construction with two unique surfaces: the durable, smooth outer layer is wind- and abrasion-resistant; the soft inner layer pulls moisture away from your skin keeping you dry, warm and comfortable. Other fabrics in the series feature compression stretch which can improve performance and reduces the chance of certain types of stop-go injuries. Climbing, running—even taking on an Ironman competition—are easier when your clothing doesn't inhibit freedom of movement.
- 4-way stretch
- Keeps your skin dry when you sweat
- Highly breathable
- Wind and abrasion resistant
- Comfortable next-to-skin
- Machine washable
How Does It Work?
Moisture and high relative humidity next to the skin cause discomfort. Polartec® Power Stretch® keeps the skin dry through three complementary mechanisms:
- The fabric is highly breathable and does not restrict the movement of moisture vapor.
- "Touch points" on the fabric inner surface draw off the sweat. Sweat is wicked off the skin to the outside of the fabric, where it spreads rapidly for evaporation.
- When the sweat reaches the outside of the fabric, it spreads out to many times its original surface area, enabling it to dry at least 2 times faster than cotton.
Sweating is one of the body's natural mechanisms to stay cool. Engineered with special technology to wick moisture and enhance drying, COOLMAX® fabric helps you stay dry and energized - exactly what you need to feel comfortable not only during the day, but also through your toughest workouts.
Since 1986, COOLMAX® fabric has been delivering benefits to help top athletes push harder and longer. Today, COOLMAX® fabric appeals to the fashion conscious who prefer a cool, soft and high performance fabric that fits every lifestyle. COOLMAX® fabric is the confident, sophisticated choice for active consumers.
How it works
- COOLMAX® fabric pulls moisture away from your skin.
- COOLMAX® fabric absorbs and spreads moisture out across fabric to enhance evaporative drying rate.
- Air moves in to keep your body cool and dry.
- Moisture management + breathability = total comfort
- Breathability - The performance of COOLMAX® fabric is inherent in the structure itself. The specially engineered fibers allow fabric designers to create high-performance fabrics that are soft, breathable, and moisture wicking.
- Easy care - Garments made with COOLMAX® fabric are machine washable and dryable. However, fabric softener and chlorine bleach should not be used. Some garments may require special care because of the style, not the fabric. It is best to read the care label inside the garment.
- Energy saving - COOLMAX® fabric is so quick drying that you actually reduce dryer use! Just hang wet clothes and be amazed at how fast they dry. Great for traveling too!
- Year-round comfort - In cold weather, COOLMAX® fabric is a great first layer, especially during high aerobic activities. It keeps chill-inducing perspiration away from your skin and moves it to the outer layers for evaporation. You stay warm when your body is dry.
MERINO WOOL fabric
Merino wool is common in high-end, performance athletic wear. Typically meant for use in running, hiking, skiing, mountain climbing,cycling, and in other types of outdoor aerobic exercise, these clothes command a premium over synthetic fabrics.
- Merino is excellent at regulating body temperature, especially when worn against the skin. The wool provides some warmth, without overheating the wearer. It draws moisture (sweat) away from the skin, a phenomenon known as wicking. The fabric is slightly moisture repellent (keratin fibers are hydrophobic at one end and hydrophilic at the other), allowing the user to avoid the feeling of wetness.
- Like cotton, wool absorbs water (up to 1/3 its weight), but, unlike cotton, wool retains warmth when wet, thus helping wearers avoid hypothermia after strenuous workouts (climbs) or weather events.
- Like most wools, merino contains lanolin, which has antibacterial properties.
- Merino is one of the softest types of wool available, due to finer fibers and smaller scales.
- Merino has an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio compared to other wools, in part because the smaller fibers have microscopic cortices of dead air, trapping body heat similar to the way a sleeping bag warms its occupant